January 24, 2007

Road sense

Last week, from Simei I wanted to go to Bedok Town Centre which is quite near. I have done this before, so I thought I knew the way. Damn it, somehow I made a wrong turn and ended up doing a long detour.

I have gone to Henderson Community Club before but I still cannot remember the way. Every time before I went I had to look up the street directory and memorize by heart the route to take.

I am a blockhead when it comes to remembering routes. So I seldom offer to send people home for the simple reason I don’t know the way.

Some weeks ago I wanted to go to Bukit Batok CC. I think I have been there twice or thrice but forgotten where it was already. So I looked up the directory again.

Where is Chong Pang CC? I also looked up for it – wow! Junction of Sembawang Road/Yishun Ave 5, unfamiliar territory to me and far from my HQ.

And I ever thought of becoming a part-time taxi-driver!

2 comments:

Kongming said...

u remind me of zhenqin, one of our guys. he wanted to go jurong via (from orchard) bukit timah but i stopped him, asking to go holland rd instead. dont know why he turned up to CTE.

in e end, we took 1 hr instead of 1/2hr to get back

Victor said...

Don't worry, Frannxis. My experience is that people whom you send home normally can direct you the way to their homes. It is getting back to your HQ after sending them back that you may have a serious problem, haha.