November 14, 2008

Rain

Two days ago I was walking home in the afternoon. The sky was overcast. Then it rained. I took shelter at a row of shops nearby. There is an OCBC branch, the one which I go to to take out money. So I went in to enjoy the air-con. A sweet pleasant girl came to me. I have not seen her before.

Can I help you, she asked.

No, I said. Then I said, Can you lend me an umbrella? I didn't expect a positive reply.

But, surprisingly she said can and went into the room to fetch an umbrella.

It was a pleasant surprise, right?

I'll be returning the umbrella.

2 comments:

Victor said...

Frannxis, have you heard the following quote from Mark Twain?

"A banker is a fellow who lends you his umbrella when the sun is shining, but wants it back the minute it begins to rain."

Well, it looks like the banks are trying very hard to win back the trust and faith of their customers after this LB fiasco.

Anonymous said...

just to announce: I have returned the umbrella.