October 08, 2011

When they were young .....

... they were cute, cuddly and adorable.

Parents wished they had a child like her. ... Fung Bo Bo,
馮宝宝. (Anyone knows who the man is.)


Or they wished they had a daughter as filial as she. ... Siew Fong Fong, 萧芳芳.


Or that their sons were as smart as he. ... Yuen Siu Fai,
阮兆辉.


The older Yuen Siu Fai, a well-known Cantonese opera artiste in HK.


The young Bruce Lee


Bruce Lee with Siew Fong Fong


Recently I had a sudden surge of interest in the old movies and movie stars. Many of the stars I have not even heard of before. Some of the old movies sound pretty interesting and the old stars look amiable, reminding me of friendly folks in my neighbourhood in the old days. Here are a few of the old stars.

蓝夜 ...


邓美美 ...


小燕飛 ...


林妹妹 ...


伊秋水 ...


李月清 ...


This was probably one of the earliest movies about Emperor Guang Xu and his concubine Zhen Fei. I have never heard Leong Mo Siong sing this song.

1 comment:

mimi said...

I think I have heard Leong Mo Siong sing this song on reddifusion long time ago.