February 16, 2012

If I were ...

When you read or heard about ordinary people getting large sum of money, like $1 million, from lucky draws or lotteries, you may feel a tinge of envy. It is a normal reaction. Have you ever thought of what you would do with the money if you get a big windfall, say one quarter of a million? I do. It is quite fun.

I would give a sum to each of my siblings.

I would give my good friends an abalone meal at a restaurant. I have actually promised one friend this. I would buy some small gifts for neighbours who have been very helpful.

If it is during the CNY or other festive season, I would give ang pows to people I see regularly, doing their humble jobs keeping my precinct humming, for example HDB cleaners who keep my block and its vicinity clean.


If I go on holiday. probably I would stay in the more expensive hotels.

Charity? I have not thought about this. Please don't think I am not a charitable person. I am already donating a small amount to a charitable organization every month through GIRO. Then when there are letters of appeal for donations that come together with my bills, I sometimes oblige.


I would save at least 50% of the windfall.

Happy daydreaming.

1 comment:

Lee said...

Hi, In dreams, we enter a world that's entirely our own.
It's good to dream.....a person without dreams is not living.
And why not? Dreams are free.......

We have huge jackpots here, $50 Million!!
First I will take my wife on a 100 days sea cruise around the World in the latest Queen Mary 2.
We have not, never gone on holidays 10 years now.

Later, I buy a 4 wheel drive, go fishing in the wilds, or take my fishing friends to the Amazon fishing.
And just take life easy....
I will not worry about who to help or when....
It will be as and when.....

You carry on dreaming. I am too, and keep well, have fun.
Lee.