July 13, 2014

procrastination

Procrastinate means to put off or delay doing things you ought to do. Generally these are unpleasant or hard tasks that you do not like to do. These also include medical appointments.

In recent months I have been procrastinating doing things that need a lot of physical exertion. So I have thought of a way to get things done.

I list all the things that need to be done in a note book (for example clearing my room, mopping the floor), the time needed to do each task (for example 2 hours, 1 day) and when the task must be completed (for example in 1 week's time).

You can treat the list as if it were the emperor's decree that must be carried out. 

Surprisingly, it works. 

I think procrastination also include good and pleasant things. For example postponing an oversea holiday or an expensive dinner to a later date because you want to delay the enjoyment.

No comments: