January 23, 2015

The Day everything went right

Do you remember writing a composition with the title 'The Day everything went wrong' when you were in school. I do. However, the the things I wrote were my imagination.

A few days ago I had a day that everything went right. 

In the morning I went to the toilet. The waste matter was disposed of smoothly and complete. It gave me this contented feel. As you know, there are instances when we feel the process is not complete and we don't feel comfortable.

Later I went to the bus stop. As I was reaching there, the bus I intended to take had arrived and was about to move off. I quickly signalled to the driver to wait. He did. I boarded the bus and thanked him. He nodded and smiled.

In the afternoon I went to the INCOME branch at Bras Basah Road to do some transactions. I had expected a long queue but it was a short one. The person who attended to me was helpful and pleasant. All was done within minutes.

I had a satisfying dinner in the evening.

Simple happenings, mundane things but it was a very good day.

1 comment:

FL said...

I remember during my school years (early sixties), we were asked to write a composition the opposite, i.e The day when everything went wrong !! We wrote something like our alarm clock failed to ring, we went to school late, scolded by the teachers, told to write "lines" or stand outside the class as punishments, etc.