March 03, 2011

I stands for ...

Inflation is one of those things that will never go away. I think inflation began when man started to trade with each other. When I was young I didn't know about inflation but often we heard our mother grumbling about prices of rice and kerosene going up and telling us not to waste our food and to spend less.

I do not know if that time Government got give out money or not.

I did not study economics in school. I think two fundamental factors are raw materials and world population. Raw materials including food get less and less while the world population increases. So supply cannot meet demand and prices go up.


If I were the finance minister, I would not give out money to everyone. I think most people can cope with moderate inflation if they make some adjustments to their budgets. Suppose your expenditure per month is $2000 and inflation is 4%. So you will need $80 more to spend on the same services and goods. I believe it is possible to cut down on some expenses.

For some people it might be a good thing because they eat too much, talk too much, buy too many 4D numbers, use too much electricity and water.

Haha, if I stand for election, I will lose my deposit.

2 comments:

Linda said...

I agree with you totally.

The Singapore government always insists that Singaapore should not be a welfare state, but look what is happening now.

Every Tom , Dick and Harry, whether rich or poor, is expecting handouts at every year's budget.

If you stand for election, I think there are enough people like me to support you.

I really hope that someone who can improve the life of the poorest 20% of citizens will win this election.

Victor said...

Inflation makes the chocolate bar smaller but the balloon bigger. Haha.