September 20, 2012

Learning a lesson the hard way

I witnessed a traffic accident two days ago.

It was afternoon. I was driving along Circuit Road. The traffic lights at a pedestrian crossing turned red. I stopped at the right lane. Another car has also stopped at the left lane.

Then a vehicle went past on my left, the centre lane, and past the traffic lights. Apparently the driver didn't slow down and probably he was not paying enough attention to the road.

At that moment, a few metres from the pedestrain crossing, a cyclist rode carelessly across the road. So you can imagine what happened next. There was a loud bang; the vehicle had rammed into the cyclist. The cyclist was thrown down and lay in the middle of the road. The driver and two pedestrains went to help the cyclist.

The cyclist should have been more careful. Hope he and the driver learned their lessons.

Unfortunately, sometimes we learn our lessons the hard way.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have you given your witness account to the police. From my understanding, the parents are asking witnesses to the accident to provide an account of the accident to the police.

fr said...

Sorry, I did not see your comment earlier.

Not yet. You see, I could not be sure of one very important thing - whether the traffic lights had turned green when the vehicle went past me. So, my account will be of little help.