November 01, 2012

some observations

In recent weeks I took public transport more than I drove. I observed that quite a number of young or able-bodied people did not want to sit at the reserved seats even though  a few of these seats were vacant while the other seats were occupied. I also observed that most of these people who were sitting at these seats gave them up when elderly people boarded the bus.


Last week I was driving along Aljunied Road. It was not peak hours, so traffic was not heavy. At a traffic junction, an elderly man was crossing the road though the red man was on. He walked as if he was challenging the drivers to knock him down or maybe he thought his body was made of steel. Of course no sane person would want to knock him down. So the first car slowed down and the cars following behind had to do the same.

Luckily for him, the drivers were paying attention to the road. If one of drivers had been careless, the man would probably be in hospital.

No comments: