April 19, 2007

Taiwan drama

These few days I was watching this late-afternoon Taiwanese drama serial. I have not watched this for many weeks already. Wow! More than 200 episodes already and a lot of changes…

A man was united with his wife whom he thought has died. But she is blind now.

Another man built a hospital to fulfill the wish of his wife. But his wife has run away with their son.

A former character in the criminal underworld has become a politician, some sort of MP or mayor.

A woman has remarried another man and borne a child which belongs to her former husband. The present husband does not know the truth yet.

Plenty of drama and very long-winded.

Anyone seen the whole story already? Wonder how many more episodes before it ends. I don’t quite like dramas that drag too long.


Found some Nanyin videos at YouTube: Nanyin performance at Thian Hock Keng Temple

2 comments:

Victor said...

Frannxis - Sorry that I don't quite get it leh. No, not the story line but why you still want to watch the serial when you find it too dragging? Correct me if I am wrong but I think people who enjoy watching such serials like them because they delight in seeing how the complicated plot unfolds... very slowly.

Taiwanese serials are famous for that. I remember their early sword-fighting serials - many times, the swords were drawn and just before the duel was to start, a third party yelled "等一吓" (wait a minute). And the fighting was averted once again. Yawn.

Anonymous said...

I watched to see if certain things have happened or not, like whether the man has found his wife and son or not..

the plot in this case is not complicated

Actually a good plot can attract viewers and keep them in suspense but if the producer tries to prolong the suspense by dragging the story needlessly I think it becomes counter-effective and people might lose interest.

I don't follow this drama regularly but then and now I watch a few episodes. So actually watch or don't watch doesn't matter.