July 15, 2008

梁醒波演喜剧 Leong Sing Por's comedy

Leong Sing Por was an outstanding comedian in movies as well as in opera. I think during the early 70s, you could still see his cantonese-dialogue movies on television.


Here is a clip from one of his comedies. You may recognize other actors/actresses in the clip - Law Kim Long, Chan Ho Kau, Kwan Hoi San, Mui Lan, Hui Ying Sau.....


In the first scene Uncle Por uses a broom to beat Law Kim Long because Law has wrongly accused him of stealing. In the second scene Mui Lan hugs Uncle Por because she has mistaken him to be her father.

粤语片 七 喜临门


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Frannxis
recently i got a chance to go through most of the videos . The earliest was year 2005. Wonder if
i could access to those prior to 2005 ?

A big thank you for all yr effort in providing so much entertainment for us. I m addicted to yr blog

Anonymous said...

Thanks for your encouragement.
Before 2005, I didn't put up any videos.

Anonymous said...

Hello,

I am so excited to find your blog.

I am also in College Station.

I just started to love 粵劇 a few weeks ago.

I am a fan of 任白.

I wish I would have a chance to talk about 粵劇 with you.