January 23, 2009

My first website

I guess some of you have visited my first website before. It is also about Cantonese opera. (http://cantonopera.tripod.com/) It was started on March 2000. So it is almost nine years old now. There were no blogs then. It is hosted by Tripod, also free, but its site-builder is not easy to use.

And at that time not many people had fast connection as it was costly. I think there was only SingTel. I was using slow telephone lines to connect, so you can imagine how slow things were. Quite a lot of effort was spent too, so I'm quite reluctant to delete the site.

I have neglected the site for a long time. I was going through a few pages and I think a number of things are out-of-date. But the Introduction Page is still very relevant. I could have used it as introduction for this blog too. Here it is:

Introduction

Watching Chinese operas is an enthralling experience. Besides the colourful and shimmering costumes, dazzling headdress and ornaments, there are beauty and gracefulness in movements and gestures, poetic phrases and heart-rending melodious songs.

Moreover, most opera stories are based on Chinese history and famous Chinese classics. There are great moral values to be learnt from them such as loyalty, filial piety, patriotism and faithfulness.

frannxis, March 2000



Someone has written a post about a cantonese opera she has watched:
http://melialissa.blogspot.com/2009/01/cantonese-opera.html

1 comment:

Victor said...

So you are a veteran blogger. Respect and salute. :)