June 22, 2009

Surcharge

Surcharge
A few days ago I took a taxi home from Simei as I was in a bit of a hurry. It was five something in the evening. The taxi fare alone was $8 but I had to pay $10.80, that means the surcharges amounted to more than 30%.
It was a bit unexpected.

I understand that you need to pay taxi-drivers to wait at certain places, to go to certain places and to pay them more to drive at certain times to balance supply and demand. If you take taxis regularly maybe you can remember all the charges.


Holiday
I was thinking of going on an oversea trip. It was just a thought, not a strong desire. Then I decided against it because of this H1N1 flu. When you are abroad on holiday you would most likely go sightseeing, shopping, eating, and you would be taking trains and buses, walking the streets ... which would mean a lot of time you are at places with a lot of people. So the risk of getting the flu gets higher.


Comments
Except for the three most recent posts I don't check for comments at the older posts. I was checking for one of my posts about Hong Kong food and I found there is a comment I don't remember seeing before. But I don't understand what it wanted to say. If you are interested, here it is: http://frannxis.blogspot.com/2005/12/fish-porridge-and-wanton-mee.html

2 comments:

Victor said...

Fr, do you have comments on your blog emailed to you? I do and that's how I keep track of comments on my blog.

The comment by "ry" on that article is known as a spam comment. It was probably generated automatically by a spambot. It's purpose is to advertise products & services on your blog via its links. Recommended to simply delete the comment away.

fr said...

No Vic, I didn't use the email alert as I have only few people who give comments and you are the top of the few.