January 26, 2010

abalone . coffee

abalone

Last week I was strolling at a Fairprice Supermarket. I saw some canned Australian abalone on special offer at less than $30 a can. Cheap, I thought. I asked the girl at the counter to take down a can for me to see. When I saw the weight, I think I know why it was cheaper.

You see, the net weight of a can of abalone is usually about 425g and the drained weight is about 210g. That one I was looking at had net weight 425g and drained weight 120g. So it means there is less abalone and so it is cheaper.


coffee

I have tried several types of 3-in-1 instant coffee but they are too sweet for my taste.


At Fairprice a lady was doing promotions for an instant coffee. She offered me a small amount in a tiny paper cup.

I drank it. It is good, has coffee taste and is not sweet.
Actually it is bitter because this type is 2-in-1 without sugar. That means you can decide whether you want to put sugar or not or you can add one teaspoon or two teaspoons according to your taste.

I bought one packet, got a free mug too.


1 comment:

pamela said...

Hi Franxis , i ve been drinking this one
for a few years. It is good.
You are lucky, got a mug, so many
years i bought , no mug.