April 25, 2010

fortunate

Sometimes I read blogs belonging to youths. Occasionally they wrote about sumptuous feasts they had with friends at high-class eateries or lavish restaurants. There were photos of the dishes too. Aren't they fortunate? Singaporeans are rich, right?

During their grandparents' time, even eating chicken was rare - usually during festivals. For myself, I didn't eat at expensive restaurants with friends during my schooldays.


Singaporeans are richer now and our youths are fortunate in that they have more money to spend and are given more freedom but I believe they are more stressful than youths in their parents' time. Whether youths of today are better off or happier than those in other generations is hard to say because circumstances are different.

Here is a delicious-looking chicken to brighten up the post.


No comments: