June 12, 2010

$20 at keong siak road

A parking warden doing its duty at Keong Siak Road


I have mentioned that now there is no more free parking on Sundays and public holidays at the car-park at the Kreta Ayer People's Theatre as well as at nearby roads.

That Sunday I parked my car at Keong Siak Road. I displayed a parking coupon valid for one hour. Then I went to Kreta Ayer People's Theatre and after that I went to a shop at the ground floor of the nearby food centre to get something done. I came back and found a notice of a $20-fine on the windscreen. Because I was away for about 3 hours. I thought the traffic wardens wouldn't be so hardworking on a Sunday.


Driving to KAPT for an opera show is quite expensive. You have to park for more than 3 hours and then there is ERP charges and petrol cost. It is better to take public transport.


Our public transport system is good, comfortable and efficient.

7 comments:

Victor said...

I thought $20 at Keong Saik is cheap by today's standard... until I found out that you are referring to a parking fine.

Since we are on the topic of parking fees, you may want to note this if you go to the RWS - the open-air Seah Im Rd carpark next to food centre no longer has "$4 for whole day parking". It is now 50 cents for half an hour.

fr said...

Cheap and good things are very rare. If you pay a cheap price probably you get "elongated... especially old and cracked ones."

Linda said...

Frannxis

Is it difficult to get a parking lot at the Chinatown Complex when you attend opera shows? Do you know of any other carparks if one does not mind the parking charges?

thank you

fr said...

I have not parked at Chinatown Complex before. I think during evening peak hours especially on weekends quite a lot of people parked there and then go for dinner at the food centre.

There is one public carpark at the junction of Kreta Ayer Road and Neil Road.

Unknown said...

Linda

I suggest you may consider Oriental Plaza if you don't mind the charges, or even People's Park Complex.

Unknown said...

Linda

I suggest you may consider Oriental Plaza if you don't mind the charges, or even People's Park Complex.

Linda said...

Thank you kind folks, now I know that there are alternative carparks.