July 19, 2010

miscellaneous

You know, during this World Cup season, I didn't bet a single dollar on any match. Not that I listened to Uncle Dick who always advises people not to gamble. Just that I didn't have the urge. Although I have no psychic pets to help me, I predicted the outcome of both semi-finals and the final game correctly. I was thinking of investing in a pet like a bird or a fish and training it to pick cards.

Weekend, I met up with an old friend. He likes to talk nostalgic things. He told me he met a former principal recently. He is Mr Naidu. Some pupils used to call him 92 (same sound). He was a tall man with a lofty air around him. Some old Victorians may remember him as he was a principal of Victoria School before. He must be in his 70s now. According to my friend, he is still alert and sprightly and is chairman or president of something. Good for seniors to keep active.


Recently I went to a Starhub Centre to get something done. The person who attended to me was a tall young man, pleasant and polite. I thought he looked a bit like Mingde. I think he is new in the job because several times he had to ask the female colleague next to him for advice. And she helped him, cheerfully too. It is nice to have a colleague like that.

3 comments:

Victor said...

T P Naidu was the principal when I was at Victoria from 1969-1974. That was 40 years ago! He must be more than 80 years' old now.

fr said...

I guess you have the remark "Read more story books" in your report book too.

Anonymous said...

Eating smaller meals a lot more often is definitely an essential element [B][URL=http://www.fitnessworkoutclub.com/insanity-workout-dvds.html]insanity workout[/URL][/B] of any muscle making eating habits. If you're getting a meal in every single few hours, you are going to make certain you have a high metabolic process plus the accurate protein synthesis to insure muscle growth. Metabolic process is just an important component of the process. You don't would like to set on fat, [B]insanity workout review[/B] you need to put on muscle. As for protein synthesis, just consider of it like a degree in your entire body. When it is up, you'll be able to assemble muscle, when it is down, you cannot. [B][URL=http://www.fitnessworkoutclub.com]p90x workout[/URL][/B] Keep it up all the time by consuming.

[URL=http://www.fitnessworkoutclub.com][IMG]http://www.beachbody.com/images/en_US/products/programs/insanity/ins_sell_lloyd_b.jpg[/IMG][/URL]