January 25, 2013

spring cleaning

After hibernating for 12 years, the Snake will soon slither into our home with a big hiss. Have you started your spring cleaning?

In the old days, the family would pick a day or two and everyone would help out. From the floor to the ceiling, every space and corner would be cleaned. Every square cm of the floor would be scrubbed. Old and broken things would be discarded.

Nowadays I think it would probably be the job of the wife and/or maid with some help from the husband and children. It would also not be a big affair.

Well, I have already made a start - clearing and tidying things on my table and in the drawers and cupboards. Quite amazing that I had so many things to throw away.

I guess people are like that. They put things aside thinking they would need them in future or they are reluctant to throw away things they are nostalgic about and after 10 years the things are still there gathering dust. And so things accumulate.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I rarely leave a response, however I read a lot of comments
on "spring cleaning". I do have a couple of questions for
you if it's okay. Could it be just me or does it look like like some of the comments come across like they are written by brain dead individuals? :-P And, if you are posting at additional social sites, I'd like to follow everything new you have to post.
Could you make a list of all of all your social community sites like your twitter feed, Facebook page or linkedin profile?
Also see my page - Get More Information