July 09, 2011

president and fasting

We have three persons who want to be the next President of Singapore. It could happen that the elected president gets less than 50% of the votes. I hope he will get more than 50%. It would not look good if, say, only 40% of Singaporeans supported him. I think the most important things are his personality, temperament and qualities and not whether he is 50%, 75% or 100% independent.

May the candidate with the right qualities suited for the job be elected.



Recently I went for a blood test at a polyclinic. Before that, fasting was required - about 10 hours. You can only drink plain water. However, I fasted longer than that, about 16 hours. The laboratory technician who took my blood said that fasting too long was not recommended as it could affect the accuracy of the results.
I did not see the doctor that day so I had no chance to ask her.

Does anyone know if this is correct?

No comments: