July 15, 2011

Puduraya Bus Station .....

A few days ago there was a report about the Puduraya Bus Station in Kuala Lumpur having a new look. Suddenly I felt a tinge of nostalgia and longed to visit the Bus Station again. Somehow it evokes memories of KL and its surroundings. Another place in KL I would like to visit again is its Chinatown.

I have taken buses from the Puduraya Station to Ipoh, to Cameron Highland, to Genting and to Singapore.

I would also like to visit Penang and Ipoh again.


However, I am not too passionate about conserving old buildings, old cemeteries or other old places. My view is the Country's needs come first or if it is too costly to upkeep an old place that has not much significance in our history, then it has to go.


I think many of you know that once upon a time there was a Happy World Amusement Park. It was one of my favourite haunts when I was a teenager. If I had a Magic Lamp, I would ask the genie in it to bring back Happy World again with everything in it as it were in those days including its three cinemas. Well, just bring it back for a few days, let us nostalgic folks relive our memories and then make it disappear.

No comments: