April 04, 2012

special coffee recipe

This happened about a week ago. I lifted the lid of the kettle (the tall cylindrical plastic type) and filled the kettle with water. I did not rinse the kettle as I had used the kettle in the morning. I boiled the water. Then I made a cup of coffee.

I drank the coffee which tasted as usual.

Later when the water was cooler, I poured it into a jug. It was then that I discovered a cooked medium-sized cockroach in the kettle.

So I poured the water away. But I couldn't do anything with the coffee in my stomach.


I do not dislike cockroaches, so I did not feel too bad. If it were a lizard I would feel more revolting. Maybe I would also throw away the kettle.

Luckily, I didn't get
stomach-ache.

It is a lesson about not to be too complacent even with simple things. Otherwise, I may get poisoned, cut myself or get some other unpleasant surprises.
.

No comments: