January 02, 2008

Excuses

You saw this news about huge crowds at the CPF Board on 31 December - last day to register for GST offset package.

Reporter: Why you come on the last day, why you don't come earlier?

X: No time, today I take day off.
As if you can't get leave on any other day..


Y: Don't know leh.

You live in a cave or what. How come now you know. Didn't you receive the letter informing you of this.

Wouldn't it
be refreshing to hear something different and more honest, like
This is my bad habit, I kept procrastinating.
I didn't realize time run so fast.
At first I was not interested in the help package.


再世红梅记

2 comments:

Lam Chun See said...

Every year, there is traffic jam at Newton Road near the Revenue House. You probably know why. People submit income tax return on the last day.

Victor said...

I am very honest with you, Frannxis. When it comes to collecting money like the GST package, I will be among the first. But when it comes to paying money like fines, license fees, road tax and income tax, I will be one of the last few.

I think I am normal and those people that you read about, well I will just say that they belong to "the other type".