May 05, 2009

Salted chicken egg

Remember I have a post telling you I was trying to make salted eggs from chicken eggs. Well, one month has passed. Time passes very fast. Blink your eyes and it will be National Day already ....

Here are the results:
The one on the right is the normal chicken egg and the other one is my chicken salted egg. The yolk has hardened quite a lot and changed to a beautiful orange-red colour. I have already cooked one and eaten it. It was about 3 or 4 times less salty than normal duck salted egg which is a good thing. It is not healthy to eat too much salt, you could get high blood pressure.


If you are interested in making salted eggs, you can check this out:
http://lilyng2000.blogspot.com/2007/03/homemade-salted-eggs-ii.html

2 comments:

Kat said...

i've never heard of that before...
do you just leave it out?

fishing scale said...

Great posting, I am share on my facebook page. Cheers.