July 21, 2009

Cash card not enough money

A few evenings ago I went to The Durian. I thought the parking fee was still $4 per entry after 6pm. I had $5.09 in the cash card. Enough, I thought. Wrong. It is now $5.50. What to do?

I stopped by the side before the lane that led to the gantry entrance. I walked over to the parking assistant not far away. I told him about my problem. He said 'Don't worry, just go in and the sensor will deduct all the money in the card. Then go and top up the card at the machine in the lobby. When you go out the balance will be deducted.'


I was not aware of this as it was the first time I was in such a situation.


I also chitchatted a bit with the assistant, an elderly but sprightly man.

I asked him if he had his dinner. Yes, he said.

He was friendly and looked happy in his job. I asked him. Yes, he said he was happy.


He looked like a retiree. I asked him too.
Haha, I sounded like a busybody. Yes, he was. He said he was seventy plus, which was quite unexpected. He was glad that the Esplanade hired old people like him. If not he also didn't know what to do at home.

I said 'Good for you. Important thing is you are happy with the job'.

I guess young Singaporeans would not want to do this job. So either older people or foreigners.



Hello friends, if you are very scared of snakes, don't scroll down to the third post. There is a snake there.

No comments: