July 12, 2009

Scary

I returned home a few nights ago. I took a lift up my block together with a young woman whom I recognize by sight. I pressed three buttons, one for myself, one for her and one to close the doors. When the doors closed the lights suddenly went off and then came on again, off again and on, off and on, off and on ... It was quite scary.

Soon the lift reached my level and I went out. The woman who stays at a higher level also came out. I think she was scared to be alone in the lift.


I have also taken this same lift in total darkness. It was several months ago. I returned home after midnight
. When I entered the lift the lights inside were not on. I thought they would go on when the doors closed. No, they didn't.

So for 20 seconds I was in the lift alone in absolute darkness. The buttons in the lift do not have lights. You couldn't see your fingers if you put your hand in front of your face. I was quite frightened. Luckily it was a very short journey.
No time to think of stories about haunted lifts.

4 comments:

Victor said...

I hope that you didn't press the wrong buttons in your panicky state when you were in the darkened lift with the woman. :p

fr said...

haha, not panicky lah

I was thinking if there were a girl with me in the second case, I wonder if she would be picnicky and grab me..

Lam Chun See said...

You wll really panic if you were to realize in the dark that you were not alone after all. Haha.

fr said...

That would be most frightening.