July 06, 2009

On a bus

One night I was on the way home on a bus. A comical show was on on the TV screen. I had to turn my head 90° left if wanted to watch. Anyway my view was blocked but I could hear a lot of laughter but no dialogue.

Four young women sitting on the row opposite me were watching the show. Two of them were Indians and looked like they were sisters while the other two were Chinese. The sisters showed smiles and looks of amusement on their faces and one of the Chinese was giggling while covering her mouth with her hand.
Hee hee hee, she herself looked comical too. But the fourth woman had a stoical expression, no sign that she enjoyed the show.

Maybe she didn't or her mind was somewhere else although her eyes were on the screen.
It would be nice if I had taken a picture to show you. It was an interesting scene.


Growth Plan
Bank interest rate for savings account is only about 0.125% and even rates for fixed deposits are less than 1%. Last week a friend asked me to consider investing in
INCOME's Growth Plan. He said it gives 3% on your investment. Minimum amount is $5000 and minimum period is 5 years.

So I checked INCOME's website. It looks quite attractive. If you are interested: http://ntucincome.com.sg/insurance/growth/

1 comment:

Victor said...

Just like investments, people view humour differently. Good humour to some people may not necessarily be the same to others. Some may even interprete it as offensive.