February 28, 2009

Sherlock Holmes

These are the two thick volumes of stories of the detective Sherlock Holmes by Sir Arthur Conan Dolye. Just to remind you, Sherlock Holmes solved crimes without the help of technology and science that we now have. It was his investigation and deduction skills, his sharp observations and his understanding of human nature that helped him solve crimes. I have read his four long stories and I think all the short ones as well.


One important thread in these stories - Human beings are creatures of habits and routines. I think I've said this before. Criminals are no exception.


Do you observe something about my posts? Unlike my blogger friends Victor and Chun See, there are no long posts which require a lot of research or looking for facts and details. Because I am lazy to do that.

And most of them are posted after midnight. Oftentimes I do this after watching the 11pm Mandarin news.

There again, it is routine and habits.

By the way, there are about 8 newscasters reading the evening and night news at the 2 Chinese TV channels. Of these only one is male. After years of listening to them, now I can recognize their voices without seeing their faces.

3 comments:

Victor said...

Short posts are not only easier to write but to read as well. But I guess it all depends on what subject you are writing. I do have short posts once a while too.

Miko said...

Sherlock Holmes, is it nice to read? Hee hee, u very observant about the newscasters.

Anonymous said...

These are 'ancient' detective stories - the backdrop is England in the 18 or 19 century. I don't think you will be interested.