July 04, 2007

Old pictures

My friend Victor, a compassionate man, blogged about an old woman rummaging through a rubbish bin at Geylang, Singapore. Then I remember I also took a picture of an old woman, so decided to pick some old pictures to show you...These pictures were taken in Hong Kong one December two or three years back.

Night time. This old woman was begging at one of the busiest districts in HK - Mongkok. It was December and the temperature at night can drop to as low as 13 degrees C. The picture was a bit blur because this camera has no anti-burr and I felt bad if I held it to focus for too long. Regrettably, I did not help the woman.


In contrast, on the same night and just tens of metres away, these flirtatious girls, promoting some products, were posing for photographers.

I have tried Hainanese chicken rice in HK. The rice was yellow in colour. The chicken skin was yellow and oily. Some blood in the chicken bones was still reddish. The chilly was more sweet than hot. And expensive - about HK$45 (S$9). Our HCR is much better.

This shop specializes in fish...fish balls, fish cakes, fish this and fish that. Not bad.

2 comments:

Victor said...

Thank you for the photos, Frannxis. Wah, you change topic very fast. From old begging woman to young attractive girls. Then from chicken rice to fish balls. Haha.

BTW, I do not usually consider myself as a compassionate person.

Lam Chun See said...

Focus also became very sharp suddenly!