July 06, 2007

Where can you..........?

1...buy new books by kg...

2...enjoy using public toilets without door and flush...

3...listen to cantonese opera songs foc in the park...

4... see people idling and smoking at a public exercise station...

5...see swordswomen learning 'jade girl sword skills'...

6...still travel in buses with cables...


7...take a cruise along the Zhu Jiang...


8...buy imitation dvds at about 5% of the price of the originals...


I think you all know where already....right, it is Guangzhou.

4 comments:

Victor said...

Not only in Guangzhou, Frannxis. I went to Shanghai, Suzhou, Jiangnan and Wuxi in Nov 2004 (blogpost here) and my experience was the same.

I believe most parts of China are like what you've described, especially the part about the DVDs - the shops were selling them for 7 RMB which is about S$1.40 at that time. No wonder China is a hotbed for movie piracy.

Anonymous said...

I went to relook at your post. I'm not sure whether I've mentioned this - that pic you saw is not Shanghai; it is HK. Actually I have never been to Shanghai yet.

Anonymous said...

you have any singaporean friends retired in guangchow? wonder what the cost and security like? guangxi might be not so polutted. anyway looks interesting

Anonymous said...

No, I don't have friends living in GZ. I think cwvost of living is not high.