November 16, 2007

Opera enthusiasts

A gathering of cantonese opera/songs enthusiasts from Europe and Asia at Kreta Ayer People's Theatre, Singapore. It is on from 14 - 17 Nov 2007.

They may not be the best from their countries. But it is a good opportunity to see them and to hear them sing. It is encouraging to see people of Chinese descent in other lands preserving and cherishing their culture.

Here are some pictures of
our friends. ...

Denmark and Thailand...

England...

France...

Holland...

Hong Kong, this man is a very good singer...

Singapore...

比利時, I'm not sure of the name in English...
HK, England, Singapore, Switzerland...

A short video of Lu Bu performed by
诗...

7 comments:

Kongming said...

think its belgium

Anonymous said...

thanks, KM, you are right

Anonymous said...

frannxis, guess I saw you at the theatre, moving around using a long telescopic camera. You are so enthusiastic and faithful.I salute you for your efforts and contribution. Have been trying to send you emails, but not successful. I am inviting you to visit my amateurish infancy blog, seeking your comments and guidance. My blog ...
http://cantonoperasing.blogspot.com
Can I have your current email address, please? Thank you.
yours truly. I am Hongxi, also from Singapore

Anonymous said...

sorry, frannxis, I would prefer to be known as " hongxi " instead of "shao1623", in view of the user name, being inadventently shown as a ID. Thank you

Anonymous said...

Hongxi, thanks for your encouragement. Just doing a bit "to spread the arts of opera" as my friend said.

No, I have a simple camera only, no telescopic thing. And I didn't walk around. Generally I concentrate on watching, taking a few photos from my seat if possible.

I have visited your blog before. I find it informative. Although I have not heard you sing, I guess you are a good singer.

It is frannxis@lycos.com

Shao Hongxi said...

frannxis, I have been recommending your blog to my overseas friends,e.g. California, Vancouver, New York, etc. and indeed been mentioning it in my blog and intend continue recommending because your blog is really good. Joanna Wong of CTC also mentioned your blog to me. If you like my blog, how about putting on your blog a link using "hongxi" to my blog, so we can both help to further promote and enhance the appreciation of Cantonese Opera. Shao Hongxi.

Anonymous said...

Thank You! Your suggestion done already.